Friday 13 December 2013

PICS FROM ARLEN HOUSE/TOWER PRESS LAUNCH

Some pics from last night's Arlen House and Tower Press launch in Dublin. Thanks to all the lovely folk who came along, including my 86 year old aunt, Eta, who is the most positive person in Ireland. She smiled through Maighréad Medhbh's fantastic and provacative orgasm poem, delivered as only Maighréad can. Great stuff! I was raging I had to dash back to Galway afterwards for this morning's school run.

It's been a really odd Friday the 13th: lots of work things suddenly piling up (agent convo, pre-pub stuff for Scotland visits, tears over one aspect of one book, hope over an aspect of another). Life things tripping me up - the fridge I ordered? Turned out the order didn't go through so while I've been waiting.. My head is addled. Anyhow, pics:

Alan Hayes, publisher Arlen House, with books, lovely books, and Jane from Poetry Ireland
Alan McMonagle reading from Psychotic Episodes
Not dancing but yapping
Patrick Chapman reading from The Negative Cutter
Maighréad Medhbh, reciting
Geraldine Mitchell reading from Of Birds and Bones

8 comments:

mm said...

Your Aunt Eta takes the cake! She heard it from the master, Mairead is so good.
Lovely photos.

Group 8 said...

Oh, Mary, Eta is this good-natured force in this tiny little person. She's great!
N x

Kar said...

RAGING I missed it, looks like a great night! Fab photo of you!
x

Group 8 said...

Raging you missed it too!
Can't say I like the pic but the rest were truly awful...

Rachel Fenton said...

Thanks for sharing these pics - looks like a super night was had!

Group 8 said...

Great night, Rae. I could have lingered for hours.

Emily said...

Sounds like a night of delights :) I'm blaming the impending full moon for the general crazy at the minute (or maybe its just me thats crazy... hmmm...)

Group 8 said...

Not just you, Ems. We're all mooncrazy methinks.