Thursday, 2 March 2017
Thursday, 16 February 2017
A month to the day since I last blogged. Good Lord, where does the time go? Spring has sprung, at least!
I had one deadline of 31st January (for novel #4, Becoming Belle) and now I'm on a deadline for my s/story collection, Joyride to Jupiter. So, between those two things, and much else, life has been hectic. But it's all good - New Island and I are discussing covers (such a joyful thing) for Joyride to Jupiter so the excitement for its June publication is building.
I'm also busily prepping for my masterclasses at the Irish Writers Centre (the course is sold out but there's a waiting list you can join.)
Meanwhile, I have a few events coming up:
- I'll be reading at the launch of the Arlen House poetry anthology Washing Windows, 2pm Saturday the 4th March in Pearse Street Library, Dublin.
- I'm giving a short story seminar in Florence, Italy on the 9th March at St Mark's Church at 2pm. And a reading that evening at the same venue at 6.30pm. More here.
- I will be interviewing my friend, and fellow The Peers member, Alan McMonagle about his début novel Ithaca on Monday 13th March in Backstage Theatre, Longford at 8pm, as part of the book's launch night shenanigans.
- I'm also giving a short story seminar at the Mountains to Sea festival in Dun Laoghaire on 25th March at 11am. More here.
- Also at Mountains to Sea I am taking part in the Heroes reading event and I'll be talking about (surprise, surprise) Emily Dickinson. Event info here.
Monday, 16 January 2017
I love the renewal of January. It's my birth month so, unlike other people, I like the month; it makes me cheerful. And I've plenty to be cheerful about in my life, including the bookish side of it. So three bits of literary news:
My fifth short story collection, Joyride to Jupiter, will be published by New Island Books in June. Woot! Their sweet Tweet from yesterday:
Also, I have two brand new flash and an interview at US lit mag Connotation Press, thanks to new fiction editor Jonathan Cardew. Go here.
And, finally, I was interviewed by Laura Turner at Pageturnersnook here.
Enjoy your January, my dears x
Wednesday, 21 December 2016
Tuesday, 20 December 2016
Saturday, 10 December 2016
Tuesday, 6 December 2016
|Emily's Homestead - pic from Emily Dickinson Museum|
Miss Emily is the Book on One, on RTÉ Radio 1, from 12th Dec, timely for Emily's 186th birthday which is on the 10th of December.